Birth control pills are medications that are used for the prevention of pregnancy. Birth control pills are also known as oral contraception, contraceptive pill, or just "the pill." Birth control pills come with a variety of benefits other than preventing pregnancy. They can regulate menstrual cycles, reduce cramps during periods, make bleeding lighter and last longer, help fight acne due to hormonal changes, provide relief from endometriosis pain, etc. Birth control pills work by stopping ovulation process in women.
Birth Control Pills in India- Things You Need To Know Birth control pills prevent the ovaries from releasing eggs hence stopping fertilization. Though both men and women produce sex hormones (androgens and oestrogens), only women require these hormones to stimulate ovulations. Birth control pills contain synthetic versions of the female hormones, progesterone and estrogen. These pills come in different types and brands, each with its own set of instructions.
Where to buy Birth Control Pills in India?
Birth control pills are available over-the-counter without a prescription at pharmacies all over India. You can also find them at online pharmacies. However, it is always advised that you consult a doctor before starting on any birth control pill regimen. This is especially important if you have any pre-existing health conditions or are currently taking other medications.
1) First, you need to visit a gynecologist and get a prescription for birth control pills
2) Once you have the prescription, you can find it at your nearest pharmacy or purchase them online. Birth control pills are usually expensive so you might want to look for deals. Birth control pill brands include Nordette, Yasmin, Yaz, Ortho Tri-cyclen Lo, etc.
3) Birth control pills should preferably be taken at the same time each day
4) You don't have to take birth control pills continuously if you don't intend being sexually active all month long. Your doctor will advise you when to go on a break and how long that break should last. It is important that the timing of taking the pill is followed strictly every day. Birth control pills are most effective when they are taken at the same time each day e.g., Nordette should be taken at the same time everyday, within 3 hours of the same time each day
5) Birth control pills should not be shared with others
6) Birth control pills can have some side-effects such as nausea, vomiting, headache, mood changes, breast tenderness, etc. which usually subside after a few months. If the symptoms persist or are bothersome, you should consult your doctor.
7) You must use a condom even if you're on birth control pills to protect yourself from STDs
8) Birth control pills do not protect against HIV and other sexually transmitted infections (STIs). Condoms offer the best protection against STIs
9) Birth control pills do not work immediately. They must be taken everyday for some time before they can become effective
10) Birth control pills are usually used by women who have just started their menstruation cycle or those that have recently given birth to avoid getting pregnant. Birth control pills are not recommended for breastfeeding mothers, especially if you want to breastfeed your baby exclusively.
11) Birth control pills should only be stopped after consulting a doctor
12) Birth control pills do not continue working once you stop taking them. You will need to use another contraceptive method until you get your period again. If you don't, then there is a chance of becoming pregnant even after stopping the pill
13) Birth Control Pills in India are fairly easy to find and affordable since they're sold over the counter. However, you do need a doctor's prescription before you can buy them
In conclusion , Birth Control Pills in India are fairly easy to find and affordable. Birth control pills should not be used as a regular contraceptive method, but can be used as a backup if necessary. Birth control pills must only be taken after consulting your doctor. Birth Control Pills In India come with mild side effects. Birth Control Pills India have the same effectiveness as the brand name ones available out of country, they just cost less
Alternatively, you can go to www.saynoni.com and buy birth control from the comfort of your home, without any waiting rooms.
This blog provides information about telemedicine, health and related subjects. The blog content and any linked materials herein are not intended to be, and should not be construed as a substitute for, medical or healthcare advice, diagnosis or treatment. Any reader or person with a medical concern should consult with an appropriately-licensed physician or other healthcare provider. This blog is provided purely for informational purposes. The views expressed herein are not sponsored by and do not represent the opinions of nōni.